|Enroll for Safe Travel International® Comprehensive plan|
Safe Travels International plan provides Accident and Sickness Medical, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Trip Interruption, Repatriation, and Travel Assistance to people traveling outside their Home Country, but not visiting the United States. It can provide coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner/traveling companion and dependent children/grandchildren up to age 21 years.
- 100% of eligible expenses up to the policy maximum
- Covers doctor visits, x-rays, prescriptions, hospital, surgery, ambulance
- Emergency medical treatment of pregnancy up to $2,500
- Mental or nervous disorders up to $2,500
- Physiotherapy/Chiropractic $50 per visit per day up to 10 visits
- Dental treatment – for injury or emergency alleviation of pain $500
- Trip Interruption up to $7,500 for a ticket home (does not lost cover trip cost)
- Minimum 5 days of coverage purchase – up to one year
- Renewable – If a minimum of 45 days is purchased, the policy term may be renewed with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months
- The minimum requirement for a Schengen Visa is the $50,000 medical maximum plan with a $0 deductible. When choosing these options it meets the minimum requirements for the visa. Plans with a higher deductible will not be accepted for the Schengen Visa and can cause delays or multiple trips to the consulate.
- Unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition up to the first $20,000 of Covered Expenses up to age 65 or the first $10,000 over age 65
A renewal notice will be emailed before the Policy Period ends with a link for you to go online and renew prior to your termination date. You are subject to the following rules at renewal: Coverage may be renewed if it is initially purchased for a minimum of 45 days; if available, additional periods are charged at the premium rate in force at the time of renewal; The total Policy Period cannot exceed 24 months. Five days premium is the minimum acceptable renewal premium and twelve month’s premium is the maximum; There are no grace periods for renewals. Once the policy has lapsed, you would need to reapply. Please note: once you reapply for a new policy, the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion, deductible and co-insurance start over. Please contact your agent with questions or to renew
Refund of Premium
A total plan cost minus the processing fee will only be considered if written request is received by us prior to the Effective Date of Coverage as listed on this certificate. If written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the unused portion of the plan cost may be refunded minus a cancellation fee of $10, if no claim has been submitted to us.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
We will not pay benefits for any Accidental Death and Dismemberment loss or Injury that is caused by, or results from:
- intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
- suicide or attempted suicide.
- war or any act of war, whether declared or not (except as provided by the Policy).
- service in the military, naval or air service of any country.
- disease or bacterial infection except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food.
- hernia of any kind.
- piloting or serving as a crewmember or riding in any aircraft except as a passenger on a regularly scheduled or charter airline.
- commission of, or attempt to commit, a felony.
- Injury or Sickness that occurs while the Covered Person has been determined to be legally intoxicated as determined according to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Injury or Sickness occurred, or under the influence of any narcotic, barbiturate, or hallucinatory drug, unless administered by a Doctor and taken in accordance with the prescribed dosage.
- flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; flying in any rocket propelled aircraft; flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with crop dusting, or seeding or spraying, firefighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting bird or fowl herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any test or experimental purpose; flying any aircraft which is engaged in flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even if granted. 18 SAFE TRAVELS USA
- specific named hazards: Abseiling, Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BASE Jumping, Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, Extreme sports, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Luge, Motocross, Motorcycling, Moto-X, Mountaineering, Mountain biking, Mountain Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Piloting any Aircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Scuba Diving, Ski Jumping, Skydiving, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, White Water Rafting, Zip Lining, Zorbing.
- All professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sports.
In addition to the exclusions above, We will not pay Medical Expense Benefits for any loss, treatment or services resulting from or contributed to by:
- Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined.
- services, supplies or treatment, including any period of Hospital confinement, which were not recommended, approved and certified as necessary and reasonable by a Physician.
- suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or self-destruction or any attempt thereat while insane.
- declared or undeclared war or any act thereof.
- Injury sustained while participating in a professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sport (except as provided by the Policy).
- Sickness resulting from pregnancy (except as provided by the Policy).
- Miscarriage resulting from Accident (except as provided by the Policy).
- Immunizations, routine physical or other examinations where there are no objective indications or impairment in normal health, or laboratory diagnostic or x-ray examinations except in the course of a disability established by the prior call or attendance of a Physician.
- cosmetic or plastic surgery, except as the result of an accident.
- elective surgery which can be postponed until the Covered Person returns to his or her Home Country.
- any mental or nervous disorders or rest cures (except as provided by the Policy).
- any dental treatment (except as provided by the Policy).
- eye refractions or eye examinations for the purpose of prescribing corrective lenses for eye glasses or for the fitting thereof, unless caused by accidental bodily Injury incurred while covered under the Policy.
- congenital anomalies and conditions arising out of or resulting therefrom.
- services, supplies, or treatment including any period of Hospital confinement which were not recommended, approved and certified as necessary and reasonable by a Doctor; or expenses which are non-medical in nature.
- the ordinary cost of a one-way airplane ticket used in the transportation back to the Covered Person’s country where an air ambulance benefit is provided.
- expenses as a result of or in connection with intentionally self-inflicted Injury. SAFE TRAVELS USA 19
- specific named hazards: Abseiling, Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BASE Jumping, Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, Extreme sports, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Luge, Motocross, Motorcycling, Moto-X, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Mountain Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Piloting any Aircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Scuba Diving, Ski Jumping, Skydiving, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, White Water Rafting, Zip Lining, Zorbing.
- treatment paid for or furnished under any other individual or group policy, or other service or medical pre payment plan arranged through an employer to the extent so furnished or paid, or under any mandatory government program or facility set up for treatment without cost to any individual.
- childbirth, miscarriage, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for fertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof or abortion.
- organ transplants, marrow procedures and chemotherapy.
- sexually transmitted diseases or immune deficiency disorders and related conditions.
- any treatment, service or supply not specifically covered by the Policy.
- treatment by any Family Member or member of the Covered Person’s household.
- treatment of hernia, Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease, osteochondritis, osteomyelitis, cardiac disease or conditions, pathological fractures, congenital weakness whether or not caused by a Covered Accident. 26. expense incurred for treatment of temporomandibular or craniomandibular joint dysfunction and associated myofacial pain.
- any elective treatment, surgery, health treatment, or examination including any service, treatment or supplies that: (a) are deemed by Us to be experimental; and (b) are not recognized and generally accepted medical practices in the United States.
- contact lenses, hearing aids, wheelchairs, braces, appliances, examinations or prescriptions for them, or repair or replacement of existing artificial limbs, orthopedic braces, orthotic devices, artificial eyes and larynx.
- treatment or service provided by a private duty nurse or while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care or nursing care.
- covered medical expenses for which the Covered Person would not be responsible for in the absence of the Policy.
- conditions that are not caused by a Covered Accident. 20 SAFE TRAVELS USA
- vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- traveling against the advice of a Physician, traveling while on a waiting list for inpatient Hospital or clinic treatment, or traveling for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment abroad.
- any potential fatal condition which was diagnosed before the date your coverage became effective or any condition for which You are traveling to seek treatment.
- Expenses incurred in your Home Country. We will not pay Political Evacuation Expense Benefits for expenses and fees:
Policy wil not cover for Political Evacuation Expense Benefits for expenses and fees below:
- payable under any other provision of the Policy.
- that are recoverable through the Covered Person’s employer.
- arising from or attributable to an actual fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act committed or attempted by the Covered Person, acting alone or in collusion with other persons.
- arising from or attributable to an alleged: a. violation of the laws of country in which the Covered Person is traveling while covered under the Policy; or b. violation of the laws of the Covered Person’s Home County or country of residence.
- due to the Covered Person’s failure to maintain and possess duly authorized and issued required travel documents and visas.
- for repatriation of remains expenses.
- for common or endemic or epidemic diseases or global pandemic disease as defined by the World Health Organization.
- for medical services.
- for monies payable in the form of a ransom, if a Missing Person case evolves into a kidnapping.
- arising from or attributable, in whole or in part, to: a. a debt, insolvency, commercial failure, the repossession of any property by any title holder or lien holder or any other financial cause; b. non-compliance by the Covered Person with regard to any obligation specified in a contract or license.
- due to military or political issues if the Covered Person’s Security Evacuation request is made more than 30 days after the Appropriate Authority(ies) Advisory was issued.